is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.
Notice is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and does not assemble or evaluate information for the purpose of supplying consumer reports.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree” you consent to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy agree not to use information provided by for any purpose under the FCRA, including to make determinations regarding an individual’s eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, or for tenant screening.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided below is accurate or complete. Please use information provided by responsibly.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree”, will conduct only a preliminary people search of the information you provide and that a search of any records will only be conducted and made available after you register for an account or purchase a report.

Delaware Court Records is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the FCRA and does not provide consumer reports. All searches conducted on are subject to the Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.


What Are Delaware Inmate Records?

An inmate record is an official record that contains detailed information about incarcerated persons in Delaware. The record includes personal information about the inmate, as well as administrative information on the person’s incarceration status. An inmate record may also serve as official confirmation that a person was convicted of a crime and has spent time in a detention facility. Generally, an inmate record shows information such as:

  • The offender’s full name
  • Date of birth
  • Gender
  • Race
  • Physical descriptors such as height, weight, hair, and eye color
  • Booking photograph if available
  • Charges and conviction details
  • Length of the sentence
  • Date of commitment into the detention facility
  • Current status
  • Possible release date

Under the Delaware Freedom of Information Act, inmate records are considered public information. As such, members of the public may freely request and obtain these records. Inmate records are maintained and issued by the Delaware Department of Corrections (DDOC). However, the DDOC may withhold records with information that may be considered sensitive or confidential.

How To Find An Inmate In Delaware?

The Delaware Department of Corrections is the authority in charge of the state’s detention facilities. However, the DDOC does not provide an online platform where interested persons may locate Delaware inmates. Instead, the DDOC recommends that requestors use the Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE). Using the search function on the website, requestors may find Delaware inmates by name, ID number, or by case number.

To use the name search, provide the inmate’s first and last name. If unsure about the inmate’s full name, the platform allows a partial search by providing at least the first two characters of the offender’s last name and checking the ‘Partial Name’ box. Requestors may also consider doing a partial name search if the inputted queries do not return any results.

Persons may also search the VINE platform using the offender’s full ID number. Similarly, a partial search is available by providing at least the first four characters of the inmate’s ID number and checking the ‘Partial ID Number’ box. Note that requestors should omit any 0s at the beginning of the offender’s ID number.

In addition to the above, interested persons may also find inmates by case number. In the same way, requestors may try a partial search if the full case number is unknown. To use a partial search, input at least the first four characters of the case number, and check the ‘Partial Case Number’ box. Ensure that any ’0’ at the beginning of the case number is omitted. Note that regardless of the search type, requestors may opt-in and out of viewing the offender’s photos.

Records for inmates in county and city jails are also available on the VINE platform. VINE also allows requestors to register on the platform to receive notifications whenever an inmate’s status changes. These changes may include the inmate’s release or a transfer to another facility.

How To Find A Federal Inmate In Delaware?

There are currently no federal prisons in Delaware. However, persons interested in finding federal inmates may access these records from the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP). Using the BOP’s inmate locator, interested persons may search the database using the inmate name or number.

Through the number search, requestors may find inmate records by providing any of the following numbers:

  • BOP register number
  • District of Columbia Department of Corrections (DCDC) number
  • Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) number
  • Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) number

 The name search allows users to find records using the inmate’s first, middle, or last name. Users may also filter the search result using the inmate’s age, sex, or race. Under the First Step Act, federal inmate sentences may be reduced, resulting in a change to the inmate’s release date. Requestors are advised to periodically confirm inmate records on the BOP’s database, as the information may change.

Note that the BOP’s database only contains records for inmates in a federal facility from 1982 to date. Persons interested in finding older inmate records may contact the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). The NARA database includes information on inmates incarcerated in the following facilities:

  • United States Penitentiary, Leavenworth, Kansas (1895—1931)
  • McNeil Island
  • Atlanta Federal Penitentiary (1902—1921)
  • Fort Smith, Arkansas (1866—1900)
  • Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary, California (1934 - 1963)

To request records for inmates incarcerated before 1982, contact NARA by filling the form on its contact page. Filling the form requires a detailed description of the desired inmate record.

Requestors may also access federal inmate records by sending a written request to the NARA by mail. Ensure that the request contains all available details on the inmate, as well as the requestor’s contact details. Send the request to:

The National Archives and Records Administration
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20740–6001
Phone: (866) 272–6272

How Do I Find Inmate Records In Delaware?

Physical copies of Delaware inmate records may be requested from the Delaware Department of Correction. Requestors may contact the DDOC by mail, in person, or online, by sending a written request. Ensure that the request contains all available information about the inmate to assist the DDOC with finding the records. Note that copying charges may apply. Send the documents to:

Delaware Department of Correction
245 McKee Road
Dover, DE 19904
Phone: (302) 739–5601

Requestors may also access an inmate record by visiting the above address with the required information. Alternatively, interested persons may fill Delaware’s Request For Public Records form, specifying the Delaware Department of Correction as the name of the public body. Filling the form requires the name of the requestor, the request date, and a mailing address. Requestors may include optional details such as an email address and a phone number.

The form also requires providing as many details as may be available on the inmate. Note that requestors may incur a request fee. Also, a requestor may choose to be notified if the cost of providing the records exceeds an amount the requestor will specify. Requestors may then submit the form by email.

Alternatively, contact any of the following state prisons:

Howard R. Young Correctional Institution
1301 East 12th Street
Wilmington, DE 19802
Phone: (302) 429–7700

Baylor Women’s Correctional Institution
660 Baylor Boulevard
New Castle, DE 19720
Phone: (302) 577–3004

James T. Vaughn Correctional Center
1181 Paddock Road
Smyrna, DE 19977
Phone: (302) 653–9261

Sussex Correctional Institution
23203 Dupont Boulevard
Georgetown, DE 19947
Phone: (302) 856–5280

Several county or city jails may offer different methods for requesting copies of inmate records. To request these records, contact the jail facility directly. Alternatively, requestors may contact the sheriff’s office that runs the facility.

Records that are considered public may be accessible from some third-party websites. These websites often make searching simpler, as they are not limited by geographic location, and search engines on these sites may help when starting a search for a specific or multiple records. To begin using such a search engine on a third-party or government website, interested parties usually must provide:

  • The name of the person involved in the record, unless said person is a juvenile
  • The location or assumed location of the record or person involved. This includes information such as the city, county, or state that the person resides in or was accused in

Third-party sites are independent of government sources and are not sponsored by these government agencies. Because of this, record availability on third-party sites may vary.

How To Put Money On Jail Inmates Book In Delaware?

The Delaware Department of Correction allows inmates to receive funds from family and friends. Interested persons may deposit funds in cash, cashier’s check, or money order. Funds may be deposited by mail or in person. To deposit funds by mail, send a money order or cashier’s check to the inmate’s facility. Requestors must include the following details on the offender:

  • A full name
  • State Bureau Identification (SBI) number
  • The depositor’s name

Depositors may also drop cashier’s checks and money orders at the facility during a scheduled visit with the inmate. Note that this option is not available at the Howard R. Young Correctional Institute. The inmate’s account will be credited within 24 hours of receiving the funds. This timeframe only applies to weekdays.

Interested persons may also directly fund an inmate’s pre-paid phone account through GTL, a third-party vendor. To fund the account, call GTL at 1–866–230–7761, or fund the account online via a credit or debit card.

To fund an inmate’s account in a county or city jail, contact the facility or the county sheriff’s office.

  • Criminal Records
  • Arrests Records
  • Warrants
  • Driving Violations
  • Inmate Records
  • Felonies
  • Misdemeanors
  • Bankruptcies
  • Tax & Property Liens
  • Civil Judgements
  • Federal Dockets
  • Probate Records
  • Marriage Records
  • Divorce Records
  • Death Records
  • Property Records
  • Asset Records
  • Business Ownership
  • Professional Licenses
  • And More!